What is a Mobile Phone Tour?
A mobile phone tour is a self-guided tour whereby the visitor’s personal mobile phone is the delivery platform for your mobile content.
- Visitors learn of the mobile phone tour from a variety of sources:
- Your website
- Signage installed at your venue (signs include tour phone number and STOP number)
- Venue advertising: staff, brochures, venue maps
- Advertising: web, viral advertising, visitor center, radio, newspapers, word of mouth
- Dials the tour phone number
- Enters the STOP number associated with the point of interest
- Listens to the audio content, may scan a QR code to view images/video/web pages, and may ‘opt in’ to receive text messages